There will be 2 sets of training:
Training for Community Group members who are interested in setting up a community owned solar project. This will be held on 2 consecutive evenings from 5.30 to 9pm on Wednesday 13th September and Thursday 14th September at the Montrose Town Centre, 935 Mt Dandenong Rd, Montrose. The training is free and includes a light supper. Event details and registrations can be found here:
Training for Council Staff (and also school teachers & parents) who are supporting community renewable energy groups and behind the meter projects. This is an all day event from 9am to 4pm on Thursday 14th September at the Montrose Town Centre, 935 Mt Dandenong Rd, Montrose. The training is free and includes a light lunch. Event details and registrations can be found here:
About the training:
What is the Community Renewable Energy Toolkit?
The Community Energy Funding Toolkit funded by ARENA and developed by Frontier Impact Group, with project partners Coalition for Community Energy (C4CE, represented by Embark and Community Power Agency) to increase the likelihood of success for renewable projects in your community. The Funding Toolkit is set up on a modular basis and includes a series of guidebooks. You can download the guidebooks at www.frontierimpact.com.au/toolkit.
What You Will Learn
The objective of the training is to develop local skills in the utilisation of the toolkit to ensure solar projects are delivered quickly and efficiently. After this workshop you will have done the planning and financial assessment of a real project – your own or one that we recently supported. You will also:
- Identify key challenges in securing funding for Community Energy projects and how to overcome them
- Recognise the steps required to develop a Behind the Meter Solar PV project
- Application of Behind the Meter Solar PV steps in real cases studies
- Managing risks associated with the development of Solar PV Projects
- Learn how to use and apply the financial model template for Behind the Meter Solar PV projects
- Understand the sharing of benefits between host sites and Behind the Meter Solar PV project investors