(1) By submitting an entry to this competition, you:
(a) warrant that you are a parent, legal guardian, teacher or program manager (“Sponsor”) of a child who meets the eligibility criteria in clause 4;
(b) accept these Terms and Conditions.
(2) Instructions and information on how to enter this competition form part of these Terms and Conditions.
(3) The Organisers are Australian Conservation Foundation (ABN 22 007 498 482) (“ACF”) of VIC 3053 and Forestmedia Network Incorporated (collectively, the “Organisers”).
(4) To be eligible to enter this competition, entrants must:
(a) be a resident of Australia; and
(b) be between 5 and 12 years of age.
(5) Each entry must have a Sponsor.
(6) Artwork entries must be a drawing, painting or mixed media work, made from any traditional media including pastel, oils pastel, pen, pencil, charcoal, acrylics, watercolour, oils, mixed media, collage, or other materials. Photographs, videos, digitally created artwork and three-dimensional sculptures will not be accepted.
(7) Entries must include a supporting written piece, between 50-150 words, that describes the artwork or motivation behind the work. Written pieces for groupwork entries should be a maximum of 250 words.
(8) Artwork entries must depict native fauna or flora species that are listed as threatened under State, Territory or Federal law. Entries depicting non-native or non-threatened species will not be considered.
(9) Individual entries must be in A3 size or as near as possible to A3 size. Group entries must be no longer than 2 metres in length.
(10) Entries must be created solely by the entrant, and must be the entrant’s original creation. Copies of pre-existing images, including by tracing or colouring in an outline created by another person will be disqualified. The Organisers will use anti-plagiarism technology to detect possible cases of plagiarism. Adults must not actively participate in creating the entry and may only provide encouragement to the entrant, such as helping with research, transcribing young children’s written work, finding references etc.
How to enter
(11) Entry will be open from 9:00 am AEST on 07/09/2022 and closes at 5:00 pm AEDT on 31/10/2022 (“Entry Period”). Entries received outside of the Entry Period will not be accepted.
(12) To enter, you must, during the Entry Period:
(a) visit www.acf.org.au/art-submit and fully complete the online entry form; and
(b) upload a photo or scan of the entry (“Artwork”) up to a maximum file size of 3MB.
(13) Sponsors must submit their name, email address, postcode, telephone number, name of the child and relationship to the child.
(14) If you are a teacher or program manager, you must obtain consent from the parent or guardian of the entrant prior to submitting the entry. The Organisers are not responsible for obtaining any such consents.
(15) Entrants will receive one entry into the competition by performing the activities listed in clause 12. Entrants may not enter the competition more than once, unless the entry is a separate entry for groupwork.
(16) By entering, you agree that the Organisers may publish the entrant’s name, age, written work, and their Artwork online and at any events to be held by the Promotors.
(17) Prizes for first and second place will be awarded in the following age categories:
(a) 5-7 years of age;
(b) 8-10 years of age; and
(c) 11-12 years of age.
(18) Entries are based on the entrant’s age at the time the entry is received.
(19) In addition to age group winners, prizes will be awarded for:
(a) Best groupwork (first and second place);
(i) This category is only open to schools and other educational programs
(b) Most unusual (first and second place);
(c) Best plant (first and second place);
(d) Best written work in the following age categories:
(i) 5-7 years of age;
(ii) 8-10 years of age; and
(iii) 11-12 years of age.
(e) Best regional entry (being an entry from anywhere other than a capital city in Australia) (first and second place);
(f) Best artwork from a child with disability (first and second place);
(i) This category is exclusive to children living with a disability, including intellectual, physical, sensory and mental illness. The Sponsor must state on the online entry form whether the entrant falls into this category. Participants in this category will also be considered for all other categories.
(each a “Category”).
(20) One entry may fall into multiple Categories, but may only win in one Category.
(21) This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winners.
(22) All valid entries will be judged individually on their merits.
(23) The judging criteria for artworks include:
(a) Concept – how well the work relates to the threatened species theme;
(b) Composition and colour – how well the elements work together to convey the theme;
(c) Expression – how imaginatively the work conveys an idea or emotion or incorporates a specific story.
(24) The judging criteria for written works include:
(a) Relevance – how well the response relates to the child’s chosen threatened species;
(b) Originality – creativity and style in conveying the theme;
(c) Quality of writing – structure, cohesiveness and accuracy in the use of language.
(25) Entries will be judged by a panel of judges selected by the Organisers.
(26) A total of 100 finalists across all Categories will be selected by the panel of judges. Judging of finalists will take place, and finalists will be contacted via their Sponsor by email, by 11 November 2022.
(27) Judging of prize winners will take place by 11 November 2022, online.
(28) The Organisers may decline to accept any entry which, in its reasonable opinion, does not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
(29) The Organisers’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and the Organisers will not enter into any correspondence regarding the result of the competition finalists, prizes and notification of winners.
(31) The winner (or winners) of each Category will receive a prize selected by the Organisers based on the winner’s age and location. Prizes may include books, gift vouchers, and zoo passes. No cash prizes will be offered.
(32) Prizes are not transferable and cannot be taken as cash.
(33) The winners will be contacted via their Sponsor by email using the email address provided on the entry form. Prize winners will be published on the Organisers’ websites and social media pages by 10 December 2022.
(34) To claim the prize, a winner’s Sponsor must reply to the email confirming their phone number and delivery address. The prize must be claimed within 14 days after the winner’s Sponsor is contacted.
(35) If the Organisers are unable to contact a winner’s Sponsor within 14 days, that winner will forfeit the prize.
(36) Prizes will be posted or emailed to the winner’s Sponsor as appropriate within 14 days after the prize being claimed.
(37) If any prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Organisers may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
(38) You confirm that, to the best of your knowledge, the entrant’s entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. You agree that the Organisers have an unrestricted, irrevocable, transferable, right and licence to use and modify the entry including for promotional purposes without the payment of any further fee or compensation or further reference to the entrant. To the extent permitted by law, you unconditionally and irrevocably consent to the Organisers modifying the entry as described in this clause. The Organisers will use reasonable efforts to attribute the entrant as author of the entry.
Withdrawal from competition
(39) You may withdraw an entry you submitted from the competition at any time before notification of finalists and winners by notifying the Organisers on +61 1800 223 669. If you withdraw an entry from the competition, the Organisers will remove that entry and will not use the entrant’s details or entry for media or promotional purposes. If you withdraw an entry from the competition, that entry will no longer be eligible to win a prize.
(40) The Organisers may use entries in any merchandise or educational materials (including for sale), advertisements or publicity carried out or produced by the Organisers without further notice or compensation to the entrant. Entrants still retain rights to use and publish their entry.
(41) Entries which, in the opinion of the Organisers, are incomplete, incorrect or incomprehensible, contain defamatory or offensive content or infringe intellectual property rights are not eligible to win and may be removed from the competition and the relevant entrant will be disqualified.
(42) The Organisers may, in their absolute discretion, disqualify an entry you have submitted if, in the opinion of the Organisers, you breach these Terms and Conditions, engage in dishonest or unethical conduct in relation to the competition, manipulate, tamper or interfere with the conduct of the competition, do not comply with the entry process, or conspire with others to gain an unfair advantage. The Organisers may audit you if they suspect you of having engaged in such breach or conduct.
(43) The Organisers may request information from you relevant to entry or participation in the competition, such as proof of residency or age, including birth certificates. The Organisers may, in their absolute discretion, transfer an entry you submitted to a different Category or disqualify an entry you submitted if you provide insufficient information, false information or fail to provide information.
(44) The Organisers are not responsible for any late, lost, misdirected or damaged entries.
(45) The Organisers are not responsible for returning entries to entrants unless suitable packaging and pre-paid postage is provided to the Organisers.
(46) The Organisers are not responsible for any delays, problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, computer equipment or software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from entering this competition. If such problems arise, then the Organisers may modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the competition.
(47) To the extent permitted by law, the Organisers are not liable for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss) resulting from this competition, including in relation to damage to entries.
(48) If, for any reason, this competition is not capable of running as planned, including war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Organisers which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this competition, the Organisers reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
(49) The Organisers are not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this competition.
(50) All costs associated with entering the competition are your responsibility.
(51) You understand and agree that the Organisers will collect personal information from you when you enter the competition and use it for the purpose of running the competition (which may include disclosure to third parties for the purpose of processing and conducting the competition) and for promotional purposes surrounding the competition. Other than for the purposes of the competition, the Organisers will not share any personal information about the entrant with any other party without the consent of the parent or guardian. Personal information will be collected, used and disclosed as set out in the ACF’s Privacy Statement (located at www.acf.org.au/privacy_statement).
(52) You warrant and agree that you have the authority, or have obtained the requisite authority as the case may be, to consent to the collection, use and disclosure of the relevant entrant’s personal information by the Organisers as described above in item 51.