February 02, 2020
8am - 11am
G.J. Walter Park in Cleveland
72 Shore St E Cleveland QLD 4163 Australia
Cleveland, QLD 4163
See Google map »
On World Wetlands Day 2020 enjoy breakfast by the Bay while learning about Moreton Bay’s internationally significant Ramsar wetlands and Marine Park.
These wetlands sustain many species of endangered shorebirds as well as providing important habitats for dugongs, turtles and other marine life.
Other wildlife in this area includes koalas who seem to enjoy Cleveland’s sea breezes and coastal views. Many people get to see their first koala in the wild during a short guided walk around G.J. Walter Park and nearby streets.
- Enjoy free breakfast: sausage sizzle, tea, and coffee
- Listen to music by the band Ankor together with songs from Simon and Troy
- Help paint and decorate a mobile mural illustrating wetland themes
- Hear from experts talking about mangroves and other key parts of our wetlands
- Take a short walk to meet the nearby Toondah koalas
- Observe migratory shorebirds feeding on the valuable mudflats
- Learn about the annual Cicarda Awards for young film-makers
- Find out about threats to the Moreton Bay Marine Park
- Make decision-makers aware of community opposition to wetlands destruction
- Enjoy the Park’s playground, picnic facilities, foreshores and off-leash area