Remember to search safely:
- The best spot is one you can safely get to without risking harm to yourself or any wildlife
- Take care when choosing where to park and search, avoiding spots that are too steep or slippery
- Be aware of your surroundings to avoid tripping, slipping, and in hot weather, snakes
- Go with a buddy
- Be safe, use common sense, and take care not to disturb plants or animals
- If at any point you feel concerned for your safety, stop what you are doing and safely make your way back home. We don’t want you getting hurt or lost, so this is very important.