July 13, 2020
6:30pm - 8pm
Online via Zoom – RSVP for the link
This interactive session will allow for all 9 ACF Community groups in Queensland to come together and discuss the path forward for the Queensland campaign, in the lead up to October.
ACF's Community Organisers Jyoti Jude Menon and Matt Vaughan will be joined by Jason Lyddieth (ACF's Queensland Climate Campaigner,) Jolene Elberth (ACF's Democracy Campaigner) and Joel Marlan-Tribe (ACF's Mobilisation Coordinator) to discuss:
- Where we are with the Queensland Campaign, what it exactly is, what we are hoping to achieve with it and the strategic thinking behind it is
- Jolene’s incredible work & recent win, which has now given QLD the strongest Electoral Laws in Australia. Jolene will talk to us about how this was achieved, and most importantly, how it positively impacts democracy in QLD and the work you all do
- The rationale for our current MP meetings, the value of having such strategic meetings and the role it plays within the QLD Campaign. We’ll also hear back about a few meeting experiences so far
- Trainings and support for Alliance Building in your respective electorates; our work and connection to the Queensland Community Alliance and how this will also be of use when rolling out your activities and tactics
- Tactics! Joel and Jude will share our Kitchen Table Conversations tactic, and the strategic thinking behind it’s creation.
- A run through the soft assemblies and town hall forums that will be going ahead shortly, which will allow for all of you to directly engage with politicians like Anastasia Palaszczuk, Deb Frecklington, Lynham, Hart, Michael Berkman, Enoch and Crisafulli
Very importantly, this webinar will give you the chance to ask questions, give us your thoughts & feedback on our current plans and share ideas, plans and suggestions on how we can be more effective.
It will also give us a much needed opportunity as a QLD Team to connect, find out what we can do better and any further support ACF can give you, and how we can all work more closely together from here on out.