ACF has partnered with Remember the Wild – Australia’s first nature connection charity – to bring you this special three-part live podcast series exploring how, even in isolation, nature is truly all around us.
During episode 1 “Backyards & Balconies” we will:
- Meet your hosts: author & journalist Benjamin Law and managing director of nature connection charity Remember the Wild Chris McCormack – with guest speaker, television & radio presenter Osher Günsberg
- Hear how to make the most of nature in your patch, however big or small – with creative ideas on bringing birds to the ‘burbs or creating your very own frog bog
Join Chris for a tour of his own backyard, meeting some of the creatures we all share our daily lives with
Watch episode 1: Backyards and Balconies
In episode 2 “The Great Indoors” on Wednesday 27 May we'll venture from the outside world to the great indoors:
- This episode, Ben and Chris look into the lives of our unofficial residents. There’s plenty of nature in our homes whether we know it or not – spiders and insects find many of their needs met under our roof
- We call our mates the Kates (Australian comedians Kate McCartney and Kate McLennan, as seen on ABC’s Get Krack!n and The Katering Show) to recount their most surprising encounters with these unexpected house guests
Watch episode 2: The Great Indoors
We'll wrap up (for now!) with our final episode “Mite-y Close & Personal” on Wednesday 3 June:
- Meet your hosts: Chris from Remember the Wild will be joined by actor & director Bjorn Stewart – with guest speakers, former Australian Senator Scott Ludlam and writer & actor Nakkiah Lui
- Then we'll get as close to our living situation as possible: our own bodies. We can find ourselves acting as a host to any number of fascinating creatures!
Watch episode 3: Mite-y Close & Personal
For more information, check out Season One of the Look at Me podcast on The Guardian's website.
And if, after listening to these episodes, you're wondering “What can I do to make a difference?” you’re in the right place. Join us as a member. Power our campaigns as an Earthvoice monthly donor. Take action in your community through fundraising with us. Find or start an ACF Community group.