August 20, 2019
7pm - 9pm
· 02 9579 3020 or txt 0467004892
Sydney Mechanics School of Arts (SMSA)
280 Pitt St between Bathurst and Park Sts
Sydney, NSW 2000
See Google map »
Sydney City Branch of Citizens' Climate Lobby holds meetings regularly starting 7 pm on the fourth Tuesday of each month.
The venue is Sydney Mechanics School of Arts (SMSA), 280 Pitt St (east side), next to Bulk Billing Doctors and Chem Mart between Bathurst and Park streets smsa.org.au.
Also from 6 pm, all are welcome to join us at Cellini’s Restaurant (opposite Hobbyco Level 2) at the south end of the Queen Victoria Building cellinis.net.au - look for Citizens' Climate Lobby T-shirts.
We welcome ideas for
- raising public awareness of the need to act quickly to make a just transition to a carbon-free economy and so reduce climate disruption
- helping each other with writing letters to newspapers
- proposing a brilliant method of pricing fossil fuels
- following well-thought-out strategies for meetings with community leaders and politicians
- encouraging declarations of climate emergency from all levels of government
- facilitating communication between the general public and politicians (reclaiming democracy)
- inviting experts to address us or talk with us
See you there!