Near-City Meeting - Citizens' Climate Lobby
6 pm for 6:30 pm next Wednesday 13 December 2017
(second Wednesday of the month)
Petersham Bowling Club, 77 Brighton Street
We usually talk about recent developments in the politics and science of climate change, make plans for future actions, and relax at the end of the meeting with a short film. Some opt for refreshments from the café, which serves good food.
Here are some suggestions for the agenda:
- Welcome to newcomers and introduction to the Citizens' Climate Lobby
- Asking politicians (at all levels of government) to enable lower electricity bills for pensioners by subsidising solar panels
- Report on the event of 29 November at University of New South Wales entitled “Ending Fossil Fuels: Is it Possible?” addressed by well-known writer George Monbiot (by video from UK), Global Director of 350.org May Boeve, and Editor of Renew Economy Giles Parkinson
- Report on popularity of the pro-forma method of communicating with members of parliament advertised by Citizens' Climate Lobby members at the recent Newtown Fair
- Workshop draft letters to newspapers
- Workshop public speaking
- Exchange of ideas and experiences
- Educate each other about the politics and science of transforming the economy based on renewable energy sources
- Progress with arranging meetings with politicians
- Report on liaison with other pro-environment groups
Hope to see you there! Our meetings are fun, even though the underlying motive is serious and the involvement of people at the "grass-roots" level has never been more important.
Even a slight level of involvement helps.
Near-City branches of Citizens' Climate Lobby
PS All welcome to join Citizens' Climate Lobby
(https://au.citizensclimatelobby.org/join-citizens-climate-lobby/?tfa_1=Australia). You won't be bombarded with emails. Engagement can be at any level. Can follow us on facebook