February 09, 2020
2:30pm - 4:30pm
· 0467 004 892
Meetings of Citizens' Climate Lobby are held at 2:30 pm on the second Sunday of each month in the Board Room of Oatley RSL, 23 Letitia St near Oatley Station. The Board Room is upstairs from the foyer, on your right as you enter, or take the lift to Level 2. Notices in the foyer say if there is any room change.
At 2:30 pm, we have the meeting to discuss progress with raising awareness of the coming climate catastrophe, and actions to mitigate the consequences of global warming.
I am pleased to announce that we have a guest speaker, Peter Maganov, Sustainability Manager Randwick Council, who will describe the latest global state of the environment and how Council deals with of waste, water and energy in a warming world.
During the meeting, we introduce ourselves, tell of any good news, and long-time members explain to newcomers how Citizens' Climate Lobby advocacy for action on climate change complements protest demonstrations.
You will have opportunities to have your say.
At 1:15 pm downstairs, straight ahead from the foyer, all are invited to a pre-meeting informal lunch. Look for the Citizens' Climate Lobby T-shirts.
Generally, we entertain, educate and support each other in raising public awareness about the seriousness and urgency of acting to find solutions to the climate disruption problem by
- proposing a brilliant method of pricing fossil fuels
- helping each other with writing letters to newspapers and to community leaders
- form well-thought-out strategies for meetings with community leaders, including politicians, especially to encourage consensus on the urgent need to stem carbon emissions.
Our meetings are interesting and enjoyable, even though the underlying motive is serious and the involvement of people at the "grass-roots" level has never been more important. Even 1.5 C of warming above pre-industrial levels will be very difficult. At present, the world average is 1.1 C and the Australian average is 1.4 C.
Hoping to see you there!
Convenor, South Sydney Chapter, Citizens Climate Lobby Australia
George Carrard email@example.com 0467004892
Brian Rees firstname.lastname@example.org 0419973952
Please do not hesitate to contact Membership Officer Howard Witt (email@example.com 0401590701) for more information about joining Citizens' Climate Lobby and options for involvement in our activities.
NSW Regional Coordinator Peter Todd firstname.lastname@example.org 0414383350
More suggestions for agenda:
- Progress on communicating with community leaders including politicians at all levels of government
- Help each other to write letters to community leaders
- Information tables at fairs and shopping centres, including "Message your MP" forms
- Educate each other on the science and politics accelerating the transition to a fossil-free economy, and the urgent need for the acceleration.
- Exchange of ideas and experiences
- Phone contacts
- Show amusing video
All welcome to join Citizens' Climate Lobby. au.citizensclimatelobby.org/join-citizens-climate-lobby/?tfa_1=Australia You won't be bombarded with emails. Engagement can be at any level. You can follow us on Facebook facebook.com/citizensclimatelobbyaustralia/, facebook.com/groups/CCL.australia/
We need more hands on deck because the task is enormous.