August 27, 2019
7pm - 9pm
· email@example.com 0295793020 0467004892
Sydney Mechanics School of Arts (SMSA)
280 Pitt St
Sydney, NSW 2000
See Google map »
Sydney City Branch of Citizens' Climate Lobby holds meetings regularly starting 7 pm on the fourth Tuesday of each month. So it's this coming Tuesday.
This Tuesday I am delighted to announce that we have a guest speaker, Nik Midlam, Manager Carbon Strategy, City of Sydney. Nik is involved in reducing Sydney City’s emissions to net zero by 2050. Under his watch the City organisation became carbon neutral and reduced emissions by 25 per cent. Across the local government area emissions are now already 19 per cent below 2006 levels.
The venue is Sydney Mechanics School of Arts (SMSA), 280 Pitt St (east side), next to Bulk Billing Doctor and Max Discount Chemist between Bathurst and Park streets smsa.org.au. We have booked Norman Selfe Room on Level 3, but check notice outside lift in foyer.
Also from 6 pm, all are welcome to join us at Cellini’s Restaurant (opposite Hobbyco Level 2) at the south end of the Queen Victoria Building cellinis.net.au - look for Citizens' Climate Lobby T-shirts.
We welcome ideas for
- raising public awareness of the need to act quickly to make a just transition to a carbon-free economy and so reduce climate disruption
- helping each other with writing letters to newspapers
- proposing a brilliant method of pricing fossil fuels
- following well-thought-out strategies for meetings with community leaders and politicians
- encouraging declarations of climate emergency from all levels of government
- facilitating communication between the general public and politicians (reclaiming democracy)
- inviting experts to address us or talk with us
Hope to see you there!