March 07, 2021
3pm - 4:30pm
Holland Park Library
81 Seville Rd Holland Park QLD 4121
Holland Park, QLD 4121
See Google map »
ACF Brisbane South & Logan would like to invite you to a local discussion group for people who may be concerned about human-induced climate change. This is a free event with afternoon provided!
The idea of this group is share experiences, resources, worries, hopes and ideas, and to see what emerges when people with shared interests come together with a cup of tea or coffee and nibbles. It is not a lecture, or an informational meeting – and there is NO expectation or pressure to join anything. It is not about guilt trips or judgement.
Join us if:
- you are worried about climate change, and how it will impact our lives, or the lives of our children
- you are concerned about how climate change will impact the rest of the globe, including vulnerable populations
- you are experiencing feelings of sadness, worry, or helplessness about the future of our planet
- you are not sure how to talk to talk about your concerns, or who to talk to
- you are curious, or like talking about electric cars, heap pumps, solar panels, cycling, reducing meat/dairy consumption, or limiting air-travel
- maybe you are wondering what action you can take - individually or collectively
- you are wondering what (if anything) is happening in our community of Brisbane to make a difference around climate change
All are welcome! Come along and chat!
ACF Community Brisbane South & Logan is part of a network of independently organised, volunteer-run groups in the ACF community. ACF will pass on your contact details to the host for the purpose of running the event.It's up to all of us to slow the spread of COVID-19. Please stay home and do not attend this event if you feel unwell or if you are showing any COVID symptoms (fever, shortness of breath, flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sore throat or fatigue). Additionally, do not attend the event if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or have had direct contact with an individual diagnosed with or suspected to have COVID-19 in the past 14 days. Stay up to date with public health guidelines from australia.gov.au.