The elusive Greater Bilby is one of Australia’s most threatened animals. It’s also one of our most-loved, despite the fact many of us have never seen one.
But land clearing for profit threatens their survival. To survive, greater bilbies need safe habitat to call home.
By speaking up and signing the open letter to get big money out of politics, you will be sending a strong message to our elected representatives that it’s time we create a healthy, thriving democracy that’s good for people and planet.
Every signature gets us closer to a democracy that:
When big money and politics mix, nature loses out.
Sign the open letter: call on our elected representatives to get big money out of our political system, and put people and planet back in.
Find out more about the elusive Greater bilby. Image by: Jiri Lochman/Lochman LT
To our elected representatives,
We call on you to work together to get big money out of our political system and put people back in.
- Banning large donations to political parties and candidates.
- Increasing the transparency of political donations, including real time reporting of donations.
- Limiting expenditure at election times so corporations can’t use their oversized wallets to drown out our voices.
- Creating an independent watchdog to investigate and stamp out corruption.
- Stronger lobbying regulation and greater transparency so we know who’s meeting with our elected representatives and why.