March 13, 2019
6pm - 8:30pm
· 0476 177 510
Want to DO SOMETHING to stop climate change?
Come along to our Australian Conservation Foundation ‘Calling Party’ this Friday, 15 March, 6-8:30pm in The Patch!
We are getting together with like-minded locals to drink wine, share nibbles, and turn this next federal election into the climate election!
How? We’ll be calling people in marginal electorates as part of an Australia-wide grassroots movement that is putting climate change at the top of the political agenda.
Elections can be won or lost by just a handful of votes – these conversations WILL make a difference! We can save the world, one conversation at a time.
All you need to bring is your fully-charged mobile phone - it won’t cost you a cent, as all calls are specially routed through the Australian Conservation Foundation campaign line.
Don’t worry if you've never done this before. You will receive full support. This party is for anyone who cares about making the next election a vote on climate action.
Here's what you can expect:
- After introductory food, wine and chat, the hosts (Eleanor, Matt, and Nick) will explain how the calling party works, and answer any questions you have
- We'll practice with the script together (and then you can shadow someone else if you are unsure at first)
- Together, we'll make calls to people who live in electorates where we can have the most impact
- We'll debrief at the end to share how we all went
- The part will end with more snacks, drinks and chats!
To RSVP text or phone Eleanor on 0476 177 510 or Matt on 0416 809 083
This is an independently organised event run by volunteers in the ACF community. ACF will pass on your contact details to the host for the purpose of running the event.